Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dryer won't go on when the stat button is pushed in. A buzz…

Dryer won't go on...

Dryer won't go on when the stat button is pushed in. A buzz noise begins when the button is pushes in but the unit will n

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Just a moment

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I hope so. I think it,s a blown fuse but I don,t know where the fuse box is located, GEUP 240EM5WW model and serial is MAO 13271C

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It,s a stacked unit

3/20/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

You hear a humming/buzzing noise when the start button is pushed? What happens if you open the door and hold the door switch closed and then turn the drum by hand while you try to start it?

I will try that. Just a moment

Thank you!

I tried your suggestion by pushing in the door swith and rolling the drum. No start. I closed the door and repressed the start button . Buzzing noise started. no start. I think it;s a burned out fuse that needs replacing ??????

No, it is not a fuse. The buzzing you hear is the motor trying to start. The motor will need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

I just bought this unit a year ago!!!!!!!

How old is it exactly? They may cover it under warranty....

I will have to pull up the invoice and bring it to Sears today. Is the normal warranty one year for parts and labor???

Yes, the warranty is 1 year pats and labor. However, if less than 90 days out of warranty, oftentimes they will cover it. Sears really has nothing to do with the warranty, so you will have to call GE at 1-800-GECares (1-***-***-****). If they won't cover it, post back and I can get you the repair information you need and a link to the part you need! :)

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
OK, thanks. I will call GE. However, if they give me a negative, how do I reconnect to you?

The easiest way back is to follow a link from your email. There is no time limit or expiration, so post back anytime!