Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher model WDT750SAHV0 door will not lock in the…

My dishwasher model WDT750SAHV0...

My dishwasher model WDT750SAHV0 door will not lock in the closed position. The dishwasher is less than 1 year old and had no other problems.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Make is Whirlpool model is WDT750SAHV0 and no I have not run any diagnostic cycle as I'm unable to lock the door closed

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

3/20/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!
so if you close the door I`m assuming it just pops right back open is that what your saying ?

ok and if you open the door and look inside the racks are not holding the door from latching properly?

Racks are clear

ok and with it being less than 1 year old have you contacted the manufacturer yet on this issue?

No

Ok I suspect that you have a door or door spring issue .

and if you do any work on it you will VOID the warranty .

I recommend contacting Whirlpool for a in warranty service call on the unit.

Do you need their contact information ?

No I’ll contact them thank you

no problem ,I jku8st do not want you to pay for parts and void the warranty if they will work on it for free.

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech