Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just purchased a Kenmore 73433 4.2 cu. ft. Gas Range and I…

I just purchased a...

I just purchased a Kenmore 73433 4.2 cu. ft. Gas Range and I already followed the instructions to change to lp and still is not working.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I just purchased it. Model 790.?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I tried, but it doesn't seem like gas is going trough.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It came with a kit to change to LP and we already changed and calibrated according to instructions.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

A FULL Sears Kenmore model number is ***** digits long and look like this 123 .(###) ###-####/p>

If you open the oven door the model /serial number is ***** the inner face frame of the oven .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
790. Kenmore 73433 4.2 cu. ft. Gas Range w/ Broil & Serve Drawer ...
Kenmore

Did you read my reply to you?

Are any of the burners getting gas ? oven burners or cooktop burners

And is the gas supply turned ON to the oven ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Gas supply is on, the burners only click when I turn "lite". but it doesn't fire up.

And did you flip the lever on the gas regulator to the on position?

ok so you have the gas supply turned on to the range , you have the service lever up (ON) and you get NO gas to any burner ? correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In the roster there's a nut that has a little plastic inside, I also took it out and turned it around still nothing.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Correct, no gas to burner.

ok so if you have the gas supply turned on and the service valve up (ON) you should have gas to at least the cooktop burners /

Do you have the unit installation instructions?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the installation instructions.

Ok look at page #7 referring to the service valve .and make sure the service valve is in the ON position .

I suspect it is NOT.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is on.

that is the ONLY thing that will stop gas to the cooktop

So either you do not have the gas supply turned on to the range or the new range regulator is faulty.

Is this the only gas appliance on the L/P tank?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You, know page 7 of the manual instructions doesn't even have anythign about a valve.

And you are sure that the tank is also turned on ? along with the range shut off valve and the ranges regulator service valve .so you should have three valves all turned on .

I`m looking right at the installation instructions for the model you have given me and it even talks and shows a picture of the service shut off on page #7

it is page #7 figure #11

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
http://c.shld.net/assets/docs/spin_prod_845594712.pdf

Here is a link to the sear web site and the installation instructions .

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/user-manuals/79073433314-kenmore-parts-manual?manualIndex=0

What you sent me is NOT the installation instructions that is only the use and care guide booklet.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for that....yes that has been turned on as well.

Ok and this is a brand new unit just purchased from Sears correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Was purchased online through amazon.

ok but it is new so it has a 1 years Sears warranty on it .

I recommend contacting Sears for a in warranty service call on it .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am currently at work it wouldn't help. But I guess I'll have to get someone to come to look at it. Thank you.

no problem !

If it is brand new and you start to do repairs you will void the warranty .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I sure will, Thank you very much. I just might need you again

Glad to assist you anytime.

Master Tech
Master Tech
Master Tech