Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our 16 yr old Maytag is having balance issues, especially…

Our 16 yr old...

Our 16 yr old Maytag is having balance issues, especially with towels, etc. We have followed manual suggestions, but it can still almost rock out of place. Rust dirt is coming from the left front corner. Should we try to repair, or just replace?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a Centennial commercial technology

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only that, other than the rocking with much rattling, it works just fine.

3/20/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you happen to have a full model number located on a sticker below the lid tucked down underneath (not on the lid itself) by the hinges? It’s really difficult to see because they try to hide it.

Great, I'm waiting. Or, you could call me at(###) ###-####

Model No. MVWC 200XW, Serial No. CO4030459

Thank you.

I'm getting impatient with this process. I don't want to pay more $.

I'm sorry, it takes a bit of time to type and make links. I hope you understand. If the unit is getting out of balance too easy but it works normally with no clothes inside, just replace the 4 suspension rods. These are the shocks that are supposed to absorb the out of balance load and help the washer spin smoother. There is 1 in each corner to support the tub and the kit of 4 is only about $35. Below is a link to the kit.

CLICK HERE for suspension kit

And below is a link to a video on how to replace the kit

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you. We viewed the instructions on replacing the suspension rods. Does it also apply to our Maytag washer, and which part number do we order for our Maytag?

Whirlpool actually owns Maytag now since 2006 so you need the same part -- part number W10780048.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thank you. We will give you an excellent rating!