Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My approximately 9 year old whirlpool quiet partner iii

My approximately 9 year...

My approximately 9 year old whirlpool quiet partner iii dishwasher won't start. No light come on.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Both in my msg

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of

3/20/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

GU2300XTVB1

If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your fuse or control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the fuse or control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. You can't test the control board but you can test the fuse. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the door apart to test the fuse and replace whatever part is faulty. Once the fuse is removed, just check continuity if you have a multimeter to determine if the fuse is bad or not. If the fuse doesn't have continuity then replace it. If you don't have a multimeter, then just order and replace the fuse as it will be cheaper than buying a multimeter and it will give you the same answer.

CLICK HERE for video

Also because the fuse on your model looks different than in the video, below is a link to the fuse with a picture if you need to order it since that's the most likely culprit.

CLICK HERE for fuse

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

No visible issues I can see or feel with the wires. Should I remove the junction box & look inside?

Just look at the connections in the junction box itself. Then test for 110 volts if you have a multimeter. If that all checks good, then replace the fuse.

Removed cover & sure enough melted wire nut, white wire from left side & what looks like black wire from right side. Will cut, clean & reconnect. Let you know if repair of this fixes it

Awesome! Hopefully you don't need a part. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today.

It WORKS! Thank you for the assist!

No problem and glad to help!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc