Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My neptune washer will go through the washing cycle until it…

Customer Question
My neptune washer will...

My neptune washer will go through the washing cycle until it gets to the "8" position to spin - then it will go to "7" then back to "8" then "7" - sometime go down to 6 or 5 - but back up to 8. I stop the washer and take the clothes out which have not been able to spin dry and put them in the dryer. Can you please help with this. Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I do not have the model number but the washer is approximately 14 years old. Has always been wonderful.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am 72 years old and I would not know what to do.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so - just wondering what might be wrong with the machine.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/20/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

When the washer keeps going back up to 8 minutes, it means that the unit thinks the wash tub is out of balance. On these Neptune washers, there are sensors mounted around the tub and the one mounted to the top of the tub is triggered by a ball bearing so it gets weak over the years since it gets hit by the ball bearing the often. I would replace this top switch first. They will all test good, but one of them is just getting weak and triggering too easily.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.