Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trash compactor making a loud noise when trying to use. What…

Customer Question
Trash compactor making a...

Trash compactor making a loud noise when trying to use. What could that be?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a week. I’ve stopped using it actually.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/20/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Thank you for responding . It’s a Kitechaid model #Kucc151lss0

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

And can you describe the noise that your hearing ?

And does it happen the entire time the unit is running ?

When I’m not using it and the door is closed I hear like a humming sound as if it’s runnjng and when I use it makes a really loud noise. No worries I appreciate the help!

ok you say when your NOT using it it has a humming noise with the door closed , if you open the door does it stop this noise?

Ok and would you say this humming and loud noise when running seems to be coming from the rear under the unit?

it does sound like from behind and underneath unit

Ok I suspect that you have a faulty centrifugal switch on the motor and the drive motor will need to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

Thank you!

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

No problem! I will rate you! Thanks again!

anytime!

Thank you again

Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .