Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I recently just bought a new gas dryer, and have had no luck…

Customer Question
I recently just bought...

I recently just bought a new gas dryer, and have had no luck getting it to turn on

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag MGDC215EW2 See number is ***** and Ive had it for two weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ive had it for two weeks, but have been away. Just set it up this weekend and went to turn it on for the first time and nothing.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Before we get started, it looks like you may be trying to reach Maytag. JustAnswer is a question and answer site and not affiliated with Maytag and there is a charge for this service. I am a certified technician and if you'd like to continue on JustAnswer, I will try my best to help you with your question. Otherwise, if you came here by mistake, please let me know and the Customer Care team will reach out to you.

Lets continue

Sure! When you try to start it, does it make any noise at all?

Text will be fine

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those.

• When you try to start it, does it make any noise at all?

No noise at all

If you open the door, does the drum light come on?

There is no light bulb in the dryer. There is a space for one, but one has not been put in

Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with or can you plug a known working lamp or other item in to verify the outlet is working?

Outlet does work, ive run the washing machine using both of them.

Okay, in the upper RH corner of the door opening is the actuator for the door switch. When you push it in and out, does it click?

it does

Hmm, okay. So we will need to get inside to check anything else. It is not likely to be a component that has failed but a wire off. Can you remove the screws from under the lint filter on the top?

And the service panel from the back of the control console?

give me a moment
OKay all removed

See any wires off in the timer area?

By the lint screen on the top of the machine or are you referring to the back of the console?

In the area at the back of the timer console, on the back of the machine.

I do not see any wires that are disconneted

Okay, so now with the screws removed from the lint filter area, grab the top metal panel on the rear edges and pull slightly forward to hinge the entire top panel up.

Which angle should it pop up from, the back or the front of the machine?
I have it opened.

Is the door switch harness connected in the front?

So, from here you will need to remove the front panel to access the motor connector. If that is on, then we will need a meter to perform specific electrical testing.

The entire front?

Yes, it is easy to remove. There is a screw on each side on the back of the front panel, right at the top. Remove those screws and disconnect the door switch harness and then lean the front forward and then it will pull off the hooks at the bottom.

Okay, its off

Great! On the motor, you will see a plastic plug with wires in it. Is that connector tightly snapped to the motor? Also, it is unplugged, correct?

Wires are all plugged in, Dryer itself is unplugged from outlet.

Okay, so if all wires are connected, the outlet is live and it still won't start, we will need a meter to test with from here. There is a part that has failed. Of course, if it is less than a year old, it is under warranty.

I do not have a meter test.

There is a fuse in the back that may have opened, so go ahead and put the front back on and take the large cover in the back off, please.

OKay, back panel is off

On the blower housing where the air blows out, there is a white, rectangular, plastic piece with two light blue wires connected to it. Remove those wires and tape them securely together and then see if the dryer will start.

I see two purple wires attached to plastic pieces, the two blue wires are secured into a metal bracket like

See the video below.

CLICK HERE

Okay did that and nothing

Okay, so there is a part that has failed. That is as far as we can go with no meter to test voltage with. You can schedule warranty by calling 1-***-***-**** or post back here if you can get a meter to test with.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.