Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kenmore model 665.60652000 over range microwave. I've

Kenmore model 665.60652000 over...

Kenmore model 665.60652000 over range microwave. I've removed the two screws at the front top corners and pulled the release rod. The unit tilts down but won't come away from the wall.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Exact model given above. I'd guess early 2000's. It was in the house when we bought it in 2004

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How do you get it loose from whatever is supporting at the lower rear.

3/19/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Once it tilts down at the top, you have to lift the back up and off the tabs on the wall support, about an inch or two is all. Be careful, it will be heavy!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
There does not appear to be enough room at the top rear to move it up an inch. How much do these things weigh? I have the front bottom supported on blocks and cannot move the rear up at all.

You have to tip it down pretty far at the front.

It weighs probably about 75 pounds or so.

OK. I'll try that.

Okay, once you tip it far enough it should lift up enough to remove.

OK, that worked. I got it. Bye

Nice work! Take care, thank you!