Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The water does not drain at the end of the cycle, and (A10)

The water does not...

The water does not drain at the end of the cycle, and (A10) appears in the display.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No. But I will try that now. Thanks.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I will get back to you if it does not help.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

A10 means that the washer won't drain properly which is accurate because you said the water isn't draining. There is a lower front panel on your washer that you can pry on in the seam above the lower front panel to unclip the bottom panel and get it out of your way. In the bottom right corner is a 3" plastic hand twist cap. You'll need to unscrew this plastic cap and be ready because all the water in the tub will come flooding out so you need a wet vac or lots of towels to soak up the washer. Attached to the back of this hand twist cap is a coarse plastic filter catch which should catch change and things left in pockets. Remove any debris you find and re-install the cap. Try a new cycle and if the unit still acts up, the drain pump would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc