Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice dispenser does not work but the cold water dispenser…

Customer Question
The ice dispenser does...

The ice dispenser does not work but the cold water dispenser does. It has 2 levers. Samsung Model RF42871HARS

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 years old aprox

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My husband thinks it the switch and wants to know to get to it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/19/2018
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. I will try to help you with your problem. Give me a couple mins to go over your question.
Ok. Great.
What additional info do you need from me?
Sorry I am having a hard time pulling up this model #. I will opt out so another tech can help.
How will I know when the new tech is available?
Can you check that model# ***** for me?
give me a minute.
RF4287HARS/XAA is the model code.
When you push the ice dispenser lever, the light does not come on but it does for the water.
Part# ***** be da97-08519a. And click link.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=767rO4SfsSU&itct=CBUQpDAYASITCL_7-4G--dkCFYHhnAodlIIHdTIHcmVsYXRlZEiV2IapzKXzilk%3D
I will try that. Thank you very much.
You are welcome.
Please don’t forget to rate my answer. Thank you.
applianceguy
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service