Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ice maker isn’t making ice. I replaced the filter and…

My ice maker isn’t making...
My ice maker isn’t making ice. I replaced the filter and after it was replaced it doesn’t make ice but dispenses water. I did the reset button and waited 24 hours. It produced about 3 cubes and nothing since. I reset again and waited 24 hours and nothing. The ice is on. I have a samsung rf263beasg/aa
Thank you
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

When you press and hold the icemaker button, it should cycle through and drop ice within 2 minutes. If the icemaker doesn't cycle after holding the reset button for 10 seconds, replace the icemaker. If the icemaker cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen, thaw it out with a hair dryer. Otherwise if it's not frozen, you need to replace your electronic water valve on your refrigerator.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

How do you see the fill tube.

you would have to unplug the refrigerator first, then remove the icemaker to see the fill tube behind/above the iceamaker that fills it up with water.

Remove the whole ice maker? That’s not easy. None of troubleshooting has worked.

yes the entire icemaker. Unfortunately no everything is easy to work on and this is one of those things. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to remove the icemaker.

CLICK HERE for video

We weren’t able to get it out. May need to have it serviced

Unfortuantely that may be the case, this is not an easy icemaker to work on. The other possibility is to unplug the entire refrigerator and leave the doors open for 24 hours and if anything is frozen it'll thaw out, but that will of course be quite an inconvenience.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc