Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Cabrio washer Model # WTW7800X80 and I added too…

Customer Question
Hello! I have...

Hello! I have a Cabrio washer Model # WTW7800X80 and I added too much detergent for several loads I had on Saturday. The machine had the Sd code and filled up w/ water so I looked up what this meant and I allowed it to continue the cycle. The dial lit up and the machine beeped. I changed the selected to rinse, drain & spin. My machine starts the cycle as usual but then it will return back to Sd code. I tried another cold rinse cycle several times but it returns back to the Sd code.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Cabrio Model WtW7800X80 -was new with my new home in Sept 2010.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I wanted to know if I could avoid a service call for this.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/19/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

have you tried using a washer cleaner in the unit?

and the Sd can be displayed for other reasons also .

Sd is displayed when the machine/motor control, by analyzing drag on the basket, detects a suds-lock condition, and is steady on while the control then runs a mini cleanout cycle. If the cleanout cycle is unable to correct the over-sudsing problem, the cycle ends and Sd flashes in the display. This may signify: ➔ Load is bunched or twisted around agitator. ➔ Excessive detergent usage. ➔ Basket cannot engage during drain step. ➔ Mechanical friction on drive mechanism, not allowing basket to engage.

I caused this problem b/c I used too much HE detergent for several loads and on the last load the Sd code came on. I have used the Rinse/drain and spin cycle several times so the water that fills up in the basket is now clear. I will try this again later.
I unplugged my washer for an hour or so thinking that might reset the machine cycle. After plugging back in I ran the rinse, drain & spin cycle again and the Sd code reappeared before the end and filled the basket w/water. After it drained the code was still there soI turned off the power. I am calling for service repair.
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago

Ok I see also that you never answered my questions of have you used a washer cleaner in the unit?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,