Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When was Karlvinstor refrigerator Midel TAK190GN

When was Karlvinstor refrigerator...

When was Karlvinstor refrigerator Midel TAK190GN manufactured?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Kalvinator TAK190GN no frost system

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That is my question, how old is it. The freezer is not cold so I would like to know how old it is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you have an answer?

3/19/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

I need the serial number to be able to tell you when the unit was manufactured .

Is this a serial number. 186409-57
No need for call. I just need year of refrigerator

As stated in my first post ,If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

ok that model and serial number do not show a manufactures date but the age finder will not date units made BEFORE mid 1970 `s units

if you want to check the model and serial numbers again I can run them a second time for you ?

model number of TAK190GN serial of 18640957 and 186409-57

would you say that the unit is older than mid 1970`s?

and could you be missing some numbers on the end of the model number ?

I finally found the model #
TAK190GNH2D
Serial LA04512232

ok let me try that BRB

ok the age finder says,, According to the serial number this product may have been manufactured in Greenville, MI, November of 1990 or 2000 or 2010.

I wish I could get more exact but manufactures use the serial codes over and over that is why it shows 1990 2000 and 2010 so Kelvinator rolls the number ofer every 10 years it looks like.

Thanks. It is probably 1990. Thx for your hel
Thx for your help. Have a good evening

no problem !

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me

Good service. Thx again

anytime .just remember to rate me please.

you should see a rating box just click on it and it will open a new window for you to than rate me .

Master Tech