Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Fisher & Payel washer. it currently stops in the…

I have a Fisher...

I have a Fisher & Payel washer. it currently stops in the middle of the rinse and spin cycle. A faint smell of something burning. Any recommendations? Where ot look, how, etc?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is an ecomart. Less than 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is something i can do, i will. Seems no one in my area does repair anymore on this brand.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Best I can offer at this time

3/19/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This issue you're experiencing means there is a drain pump or a diverter valve failure. You will need to manually drain all the water in the tub then tip the machine backwards so you can access under the bottom and unplug the unit. The drain pump is located in the front right corner. It has a fan blade hanging from the bottom of it. Twist the fan blade an if it doesn't spin freely, you need to remove your drain pump and clear the blockage above it. There is a plastic tab that you can push on and then the entire pump will twist and pull off.

If the blade does spin freely, there is a "Y-connection" in the back right corner with (3) 1" hoses connected to it. This is your diverter valve. Disconnect the hoses and check the "Y-connection" for any blockages. Remove any blockages if necessary.

If both things check good, then you just need to replace the diverter valve itself and it costs about $50.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Are there any drawings I can look at that show me these things?
is there a manual on line that has a break down of this unit?

Below is a breakdown of the unit

CLICK HERE

Thanks for the info. As soon as I get it out and look, if I have any other questions, I will get back to you..
How much did this session costs?
Your rating so fat is very good - a 4 plus.Ralph

Ok sounds good. I can't see the exact cost, but it's typically around $30. That is usually shown to you before you ask the question.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
just a quick question. Now the control panel is dark. does not look like it is getting power. Could be burnt out, the smell we were smelling when we had the unit on. Just don't know. Is there a reset button somewhere that i am missing or is it dead.....

There is not a reset button unfortuantely. It sounds like it shorted out the main board inside your control panel now, and that's not worth repairing at this point I'm sorry to say.