Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Are there any known issues with the control boards on GE…

Are there any known issues...
Are there any known issues with the control boards on GE dryers ?
3/19/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Some have been redesigned, yes.

• May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
GFDN110ELOWW General Electric

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

There are no issues for the control in that model. What problem are you having with it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I work in a senior living facility and we have 6 of these dryers. I replaced a control board and it did not pick it's model number automatically. I can't get it to go in service mode to change it. I can't get the one next to it in service mode either.

Ah, okay,. The model does need to be programmed. I will get instructions, there are a coup[le different ones.

On that model, see the attached pages for entering Service Mode. Is that what you are doing?

d62d19c0-49f8-4969-bbe5-...jpgd62d19c...jpg0fff71e3-1e07-4342-bc13-...jpg0fff71e...jpgce88168e-5d9c-4afb-8a0d-...jpgce88168...jpg
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am shutting the power off for at least 3 minutes first., I'm not sure what idle state is but all the thing does is lock

Idle just means the control is off, no lights on so with it dark, you press and hold those two buttons.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Power button was lit but I think I tried it that way too. I will try again though

Okay, keep me posted, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still have nothing on either of the dryers I have tried this on

If it will not go into a forced service mode, the main control is faulty. What was the original issue that you replaced the control?

Also, did you replace the main control or the front User Interface?

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Phone call session started

I can call now, if you'd like.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was showing Eo1. I changed control board with the one next to it and it worked. Changed large control board.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Call if u can.

That is a main control error, the board above the drum, not the one on the front. So now neither of them work? Are you available for a call?

Calling now....

It went to voicemail, will try again in a minute.

Here is another one to try.

Press the START button to enter service mode test and then press and hold TEMP and LEVEL at the same time. Display will start blinking. Does that work?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It doesn't blink but E07 comes up and none of the buttons seem to do anything from there. this does not work on the dryer that is not working so I think I need another board. I'm not sure if you knew that I thhink this was caused by a power surge. I changed parts from one dryer to another until it worked. I think the control panel got changed the same time as the control board by accident. So this morning when I tried this on these 2 dryers it did not work. I proceeded to another laundry room and the E07 code came up. I want back to the original laundry room and swapped control panels and one dryer did the same E07 code. It's still not showing T01 but seems like we are headed in the right direction.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I push start and sensor after turning unit off and back on a code 05E shows on the working unit.

I have not received a reply from GE yet but should today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing from factory ?

The response I got from GE was the same I found on their tech site. I was a bit disappointed because it is obviously not correct. I have sent out another email to a tech I know that works for GE Factory Service to see if he could find anything within their in-house technical network. I will let you know what I hear back ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I received an e-mail and it said the question was closed and apologized so I was confused. I appreciate your help

Wow, I am not sure why you received that email but I am sorry about that. It is not closed and does not close so that you cannot post back to it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay. Thank you.

You are very welcome.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm not sure if I mentioned this but the dryer is counting down in seconds. I've been reading on the internet and one man had said his machine accidentally got in "DEMO MODE" is there really such a thing ?

Yes, but it should reset once power is interrupted.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm thinking I may have purchased a faulty board since it will not reset when unplugged.

Did you buy it new?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Bought it new.

It sounds like a control issue to me. I am still waiting to hear from my GE tech friend regarding any in house tech info. I am going to alert the other techs here, too, in case another may have come across this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I received a message that says Kelly has referred you to a new Appliance Tecnician. You'll get a response here and by e-mail typically within 24 hours March 22 2018 07:02 I have not yet been contacted.
Kelly, Appliance Technician