Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My wall GE conventional oven turns off at 100F before it…

Customer Question
My wall GE conventional...

My wall GE conventional oven turns off at 100F before it reaches setpoint

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 15 years old; Model # is JKP17W0P3WG

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I checked for ohms across temperature sensor. It read 1094 ohms

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/19/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Now just to make sure we're on the same page and you're testing the temperature properly, often time people will think that their oven temperature has become inaccurate. I know you've already somewhat tested the oven, but let's to it slightly different. Place the thermostat inside the oven directly in the center of the cavity. Turn the oven on to 350 degrees. When the preheat light goes off or the oven is done preheating the thermostat will not read correctly. The thermostat should always be lower than the 350 degrees you set the oven at because it weighted. Unless you're using a thermal couple thermostat like technicians use, it won't react instantly to the air temperature. Think of it as a piece of meat, the meat doesn’t automatically heat up to 200 degrees, it takes a roast several hours just to get to 140 degrees. The thermostat isn’t as big so it doesn’t take as long, but you should wait at least 30 minutes when testing the temperature to get an accurate reading. If it still doesn’t check correctly then you have either a bad oven sensor or bad display control board not reading the sensor properly. You already tested the sensor and it's definitely good which means that you have a bad display board that would need to be replaced. You can't test the board or repair it, it just needs to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

There are 3 layers of boards. Which one is the control board

It's all one part. The part number is ***** It has the actual display built into it.