Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a fridge/freezer RM255lash Samsung. The freezer

Customer Question
I have a fridge/freezer...

I have a fridge/freezer RM255lash Samsung. The freezer stopped getting cool enough. The refrigerator will get down to 38 and the freezer 57-58 degrees. I just lost me job after 35 years. Went out of business would love to be able to fix this myself. I unplugged, I reset by holding down both circles on each side of the display at the same time. I reset the filter for the water/ ice, although I did not change the filter even though it said I needed to. I didn't have the filter nor did I know how to change the filter.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Don't remember the age. We bought it from lowes. The model number I put in the previous message.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just if there is a way to fix it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/20/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
continue. I'm trying to fix it myself. It's a beautiful side by side. It just stopped cooling enough. It's still getting cool, but the freezer only cools to 57 degrees. the fridge to 38 degrees. I have another being delivered tomorrow. I'm hoping to cancel it.
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

It sounds like the sealed system has lost its full refrigerant charge. If less than 5 years old, it may be under warranty. Can you post the complete model and serial number as well as purchase date?

We had to buy another one which was delivered yesterday. They took the Samsung. In the beginning I told them I needed an answer so I could stop the delivery. I understand they didn’t get you involved till later. So, not your fault. I am disappointed with the service of justanswer, regarding this situation. By the way, you were right? That’s exactly what the problem was. We decided to continue with purchase since we found this out late Tuesday and it was quite pricey.

I understand and apologize for the delay. It is not often that happens but not too many techs will take on a Samsung, especially with that type of problem as it usually results in a negative rating because it is not an easy fix. I am sorry we fell short on this one...