Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a duet steam direct washer. Put in a load of wash,

Customer Question
I have a duet...

I have a duet steam direct washer. Put in a load of wash, turned knob to "quick wash" pressed to start, the door locked but water did not enter washer. I tried to open the door but it would not open. I cannot get the door to open. I tired to hold the "control lock" held it for 3 seconds still nothing. I unplugged the power and re-plugged the power, NOTHING happens . what can I do to release the lock on the door.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Cannot get to the model number. washer is approx. 2 1/2 years old. its a whirlpool.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was hoping it was something simple. if not I will get in a technician.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope I gave you all I tried.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/19/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I sounds like the washer is just confused if it won't even unlock. First, try to unplug the washer for 60 seconds. Re-apply power and see if the door will unlock. If not, unplug the washer again and remove the screws coming in from the back of the washer going into the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can reach behind the front panel of the washer down to the bottom of the door latch. Pull down on the 1" round plastic tab and it should manually unlock the door. Once the door is unlocked, plug the washer back in and try the washer again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.