Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Cleaned oven last night, cannot unlock door. Model number is…

Cleaned oven last night...

Cleaned oven last night , cannot unlock door

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model number is ***** door hing is cannot read. approimate five years old double oven purchased Home Depot

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Built into cabinet, worked fine until i locked and cleaned

3/19/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Ok so it sounds like your door latch may have failed. Of course, they usually only fail during self clean since that is the only time the latch is used. Try turning the breaker off to the unit for 60 seconds to see if it will reset. When you turn the circuit breaker on go inside and push on the door and hold it for a minute or two in case it's rubbing on the door latch not letting it release. If that doesn't work, then try to set the self clean, wait 60 seconds and cancel it to see if that will reset the door latch assembly. If nothing resets the door lock, then you just need to manually open the door and replace the door latch assembly. It's not easy to manually unlock the door. You'll need to use a coat hanger and pull the latch assembly from RIGHT to LEFT by slipping it down between the door and the oven frame at the top. Force the latch over to the left and open the door, then you can remove the panel in front of the door latch and replace the latch assembly.

Now I do want to also add that you may need something stronger than a coat hanger to manually open the door. If you have an "L-shaped" tool like a cotter pin puller or allen wrench, that might give you the added strength to be able to pull on the latch and release it.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Coat hanger not working , looking for different tool

you gave me a negative rating because you're having difficulty doing what I said needed to be done?

Unless that was an accident and you are going to change that, we are done and I will not help in the future on anything you have a problem with in the future as well.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc