Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Amana dryer not heating. What should we check? Almost 2

Amana dryer not heating...

Amana dryer not heating. What should we check?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Almost 2 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Already checked filter and hose to vent.

3/19/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

NED4655EW

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

no

ok without a meter to do any testing it is hard to do any checking

Are you just wanting to do visual checks ?

does the dryer in fact tumble and just not heat?

ok if it does in fact tumble .

You can open the dryer and visually look at the heating element .

but if it is one of the three inline thermostat you will not be able to tell the difference in a good one from a bad one , the contacts are inside the thermostat and you will not be able to see them

Thanks

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech