Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Im trying to locate the bake element on a whirlpool range…

Customer Question
Im trying to locate...

Im trying to locate the bake element on a whirlpool range model RF362LXTQ0

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2007. The exact model is RF362LXTQ0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The oven will only get up to 280 in the bake mode and I found the error code F2 E0 when performing the manuel diagnostics check.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/19/2018
Appliance Technician: kingcobra80, Repair Technician replied 3 months ago
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician
Hi my name is***** sorry your having an issue with your range. The error your indicating is for the following
F2-E0 - Shorted Touch Pad (Keypad) - Check the connection between the touch pad (keypad) and control board (clock) to make sure it is secure. Select the 'cancel' function and wait 60 seconds. If error code reappears then replace the touch pad, or touch pad and control board (clock) if all one assembly.The electronic control is most likely your issue. You can purchase the control at searspartsdirect.com
I hope this helps. Please take the time to rate my answer because we work on the honor system and I only get compensated if you rate me. Thank you.
Thank you for the reply, I cleared the code waited 10mins and the code did not reappear. Im trying to access the bake element now so that I can test it. The oven will not get past 280 in the bake mode.
The bake element would be fine I would suggest replacing the thermostat.
You can purchase the thermostat through the same site.
We work on the honor system so if you could please take a minute to rate my service(5 stars is the best) I would appreciate it. This is the only way I get compensated for my service. By rating me doesn't end the question and you can still ask any follow up questions you have. Thanks for allowing me to help you with your question. Have a wonderful day.