Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When i start cycle the door is not displaying locked

when i start cycle the door is not displaying locked
3/19/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can better assist you? Other than not displaying locked, is there a functional problem with the washer?

model number-mah5500bww

OK got it. So, it's not saying the door is locked. That is all you've told me so far. Please explain more as to what is going on. Dis the washer not running? Does the door lock? etc...

it is not responding because the door wont lock. when you start the cycle you can still open the door

OK so you can select different cycles and options still like normal. But when you press start, the washer won't start. Does the washer beep when you press start?

OK, then your door latch assembly has just failed and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'd need to order for your model number. To access, open the dispenser and remove the screws going into the bezel of the dispenser (one in each corner). Remove the bezel. Now open the door and remove the 2 screws going through the door hinge into the front panel of the washer. There are 2 more screws in the opposite side of the door way. Remove those screws and the front panel will unclip at the top and hinge forward and down. With the panel removed, you can unscrew the top panel and hinge it up and backwards so you can access the latch for replacement.

CLICK HERE for door latch assembly

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc