Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need the manual for Model GE GFkSS6KKYCSS. Can you help?

I need the manual...

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Two door top, bottom freezer. Serial ST906802. Model GFSS6KKYCSS. Don't know how old, just purchased house and no manual.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I have a Homeowner warranty which expires 3-29-18

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The issue is water collecting under the vegetable drawer.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is actually a very common issue with your refrigerator and the water is accumulating under the deli drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator because the drain line is backing up. If you look at part number 97 in the diagram below, this is the part you need to remove so that you can see the silver evaporator and the drain trough below it. Pull all the drawers out and remove this panel. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc