Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave oven under turntable paint peeling off and area…

Customer Question
Microwave oven under turntable...

Microwave oven under turntable paint peeling off and area affected is rusting

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

About 4-5 years old make GE do not have model part of oven microwave installation

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just wondering if during usage paint particles or rust particles are affecting the food being heated

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/19/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This isn't affecting heating, but it does need to be repaired because if the paint gets damaged inside, the microwaves can arc out and short out the magnetron. There is a microwave cavity paint you can purchase to re-spray the area that is damaged. Sand down the areas were the paint is peeling and below is a link to the paint you'd need to order and use to re-spray the areas with no paint.

CLICK HERE for microwave cavity paint

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.