Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The microwave powers up but does not spin or. The clock is…

Customer Question
The microwave powers up...

The microwave powers up but does not spin or cook. The clock is working as is the power to the microwave.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

GE Model No. PEB2060DM2BB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

While you can set the clock and it works fine. At first a message like this comes up: Timer NITE HELP REM MUTE AMPM (THEN A PICTURE OF A MICROWAVE.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

When both the turntable and the heat stop at the same time on the microwave, that means that one of your door microswitches has failed and will need to be replaced. You will need to completely un-install the oven and remove the screws coming in from the back of the outer panel as well as the ones coming in from the side. Once the outer panel is removed, you can test the door switches through the right side of the microwave. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the door switches to determine which one is faulty. The access on the microwave is completely different so ignore that, but the testing of the switches is the same. Some of the screws will require T-20 safety torx bit screws.

CLICK HERE for video to see how to test switches

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Are you in San Antonio?

I am not. I'm actually out of Denver, Colorado. If you need a local technician, you'll probably want to call GE at 1.***-***-**** and they can help you find someone that is local.

Thank you.

No problem but I'm sorry about the bad news.