Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer seems to be getting way too hot when on. I am

Customer Question
My dryer seems to...

My dryer seems to be getting way too hot when on. I am afraid it will start a fire

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag bravos, about 9 years i cleaned out the lint trap by removing the screws and vacumming, and now its not drying

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to try it myself

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has been drying for about an hour and the time has been on 10 the entire time. It smelled like smoke earlier so i opened it and there was smoke coming from the clothes so now its running and i am watching it closely

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/19/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.