Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE washer won't start after just finishing a wash.. The…

Customer Question
My GE washer won't...

My GE washer won't start after just finishing a wash.. The display panel has E43 in green

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe over twenty years old not sure of the model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

This happened once before and I'm not sure of what website I was on but it was an extremely easy fix, so yes I will be doing it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
3/20/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like to continue to resolve the issue.
Appliance Technician: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

Would greatly help if you could provide the model - look on the right side , down low , near the front or around the door opening

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not able to find an answer to this but it is indicated that my credit card has been charged. The last time this happened I was told to unplug the machine, wait 20-30 seconds and then open and close the cover 5times. I tried this but it doesn't seem to be working. Any other suggestions?

W​ithout knowing your model number it is nearly impossible to tell you what to do. Is it a front load washer , a stacked washer , top load washer ?Over the past just 10 years GE has made hundreds of different models and some are quite different from others. It would be like going into an auto parts store and saying " I need a belt for my vehicle " with no other information. Not trying to be obstinate , but none of us can answer your question based on kthe information you've given. Do you have a bill of sale , or the owners manual if you can't locate the model on the washer on the machine ?

John, Home Appliance Technician