Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

There is about one foot of settled water in our Maytag

Customer Question
There is about one...

There is about one foot of settled water in our Maytag washer. The last time we used the washing machine was Thursday night, March 15. I have had this machine about 15 years, and this is the first time I have had this experience. My concern is that the water in the machine will continue to rise, creating a flood in my condo.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought this machine about 15 years ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work is that?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have described the problem. I live in a very expensive condominium and I am concerned that any possible flooding would affect the unit below me.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/19/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you happen to have a full model number located on a sticker below the lid tucked down underneath (not on the lid itself) by the hinges? It’s really difficult to see because they try to hide it.

I will check. Here is the model number: MHS2000AWW

Perfect, thank you and one moment.

This is a stack unit so it's a bit harder to work on, but the electronic water valve on the back of your washer which the water supply hoses from your house connect to, is not sealing up properly and will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the valve you'd need to order and replace for your model. The part costs about $100, and it's the only thing that would allow the washer to fill up with water when it's not in use. Use replace the part and you'll be good to go again.

CLICK HERE for valve

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.