Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer not spinning. Roper RAX4232PQ0 about 12 years old???

Customer Question
Washer not spinning Contractor's...

Washer not spinning

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Roper RAX4232PQ0 about 12 years old???

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have replaced lid switch, then jumped it out, replaced the control timer, clutch assembly and coupler

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Best way to troubleshoot gearcase vs drive block vs drive tube failure

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/19/2018
Appliance Technician: Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your Roper washer. First I need some information. While what you have told me is valuable, I need to know if you hear any sounds? Does it draw water? Have you checked the capacitor on the motor to see if it is shorted? I am around off and on so please be patient and I will return to answer your questions and assist you. Thank you.

The washer fills, agitates, and stops before start spin cycle, the water drains but tub does not spin unless I lift lid or push the timer knob off then pull on. This is the original problem and still same problem after the parts I have already put on. The motor seems ok but I have not checked the capacitor. The is a clunk sound as if the brake should be releasing but I'm pretty sure it is not
Appliance Technician: Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago

The cluck is the transmission dropping the spin tube down or pushing it up for spin, depending on when you are hearing it. The brake is activated by a a lever on the spin tube the presses on the spring for the brake lining. So it could be the transmission not operating correctly seeings you have already replaced everything else.

I orderd a new gearcase before I received a response back. I was hoping for more information and maybe other potential troubleshooting. Maybe my explanation was too vague. I Didn't gain any additional knowledge or direction. I'm pretty sure I won't use this service again.