Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My side by side fridge /freezer, freezer is cool but not…

Customer Question
My side by side...

My side by side fridge /freezer, freezer is cool but not freezing, fridge side, upper half is cool, lower half, veg drawers and lower shelves are freezing. Is this reparable or should we shop for a new refridge? Thanks

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Jennair, side by side, NO auto water. approximately 12 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, would call a repair man

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all I can think of, just wanted to know if this can be repaired of should we replace?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/19/2018
Appliance Technician: Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I would be glad to assist you with your Jenn Air refrigerator. Could you please get me the model number , it is located in the fresh food section of your refrigerator. Also, Do you here the fan running in the freezer and do you see any ice or frost formed on the back wall of the freezer section about half way down the back? Thank you, ***** ***** on and off here so be patient please and I will return with a reply. Thank you.

hello, the model # is: JCB2285HES there is no frost on the back of the freezer, BUT the lower portion of the freezer is very cold, the upper portion is not.ALSO the lower portion of the fridge (veggie drawers) are freezing everything rock hard. I do hear "something" running, ? fan but very faintly.
I just want to know if this is something that is repairable, if so we will call a repair service. thanks
or do we need to buy an entire new refrigerator?

Yes, I believe it is repairable from what you are telling me. It sounds like the fan is not running properly.