Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore Elite Oasis electric dryer 110.67042600. A…

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a Kenmore Elite Oasis electric dryer 110.67042600. A month ago, I replaced the heating element which was completely burnt out and throughly cleaned out lint from guts in the machine as well as entire exhaust venting. Ran machine and Auto Cycle now not working, but timed dry worked. I let it go as I didn't want to tear apart the unit again so soon.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 years. I hit return too soon......

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Now it's taking too long on timed dry. I disconnected the exhaust venting and discharging into my home and blowing cold air out. I checked inside and the heat inlet in the drum Very hot to touch. Flashlight down through lint vent shows clear.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes I do.

3/19/2018
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician
On auto dry you must dry clothes of the same material or you will see increased drying times. Try this and then let me know if that helped.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
True. Have always done this. No change.
If that's the case I would replace the sensor on the inside of the cavity.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Which sensor? Can I test it once found? Location?
The moisture sensor with the 2 metal bars on the inside of the cavity where you load the clothes. You can test it for continuity using a meter. Use a wet cloth to see if it opens and closes.
The sensor is usually on the back wall or just inside the door.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. I will check it out tonight. ThanksCustomer
Ok
We work on the honor system so if you could please take a minute to rate my service(5 stars is the best) I would appreciate it. This is the only way I get compensated for my service. By rating me doesn't end the question and you can still ask any follow up questions you have. Thanks for allowing me to help you with your question. Have a wonderful day.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are doing great so far. I will once complete.

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I took the screen completely out that has those bars on it. Placed tester leads leads on the back prongs. placed metal across bars and have continuity. Am I supposed to leave screen plugged in with the test? If so, no continuity.
You should leave them plugged in and place a damp rag across the bars and check it. If no reading replace sensor. If there is a reading replace control board.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Am I to do that while drum is activated/turning. At any rate, I put back together. Ran a diagnostic test More Time Less Time, etc. Put moisture cloth on bars and got a strong steady beeping. The moisture bar sensor seems to be working.
You did fine. Since the sensor is good you will need to replace the control.
Please remember to give my service a rating. I would really appreciate it.
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician
Customer reply replied 5 days ago
Hey king. I'm back. I finally got my control and installed it. It seemed to be working fine for about 15 min then threw a L2 code. I cycled the breaker set, tested recepticle poles 120/119/244 readings. Tested power block during start up of dryer with no change in readings, so no drop when started. Any ideas?? Ron
Well not sure, odd error, low line voltage? Check to make sure the screws on the power block are tight.
Customer reply replied 5 days ago
I did that during the initial block voltage test. Tight. Errrrr
Customer reply replied 5 days ago
I was told at the very beginning of this before talking with you to unplug for a few hours then try running again. I forgot about that idea. Not sure what that would do. I will try nearly anything.
I think this will help
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzIiBNwRIV4NdHdPZ21fRTM2eG8/view?usp=drivesdk

I spoke with another tech about your issue and he said to check the outlet in your house. It may be opening up when it gets hot and that's what is giving the L2 error. Just a thought.

Customer reply replied 5 days ago
Other than probing it for voltage, how do I do that?

They make attachments for meters to do the reading or even look at your plug to see if it is darker on one side compared to others

Customer reply replied 4 days ago
Sounds like it would be faster/cheaper to just replace the outlet.

Yes you are probably correct.

Were you able to download the service manual I sent you?

kingcobra80
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician