Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I tried cleaning the GE Profile oven again, my first 2

Customer Question
I tried cleaning the...

I tried cleaning the GE Profile oven again, my first 2 attempts failed. This time it seemed to work but after 3+ hours after cleaning cycle was done the door is still locked and it’s making noises. I’ve tried STOP and CLEAR but it won’t stop. I’m unable to move the unit to unplug it.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It’s a Profile slide in with a downdraft but since I don’t have any paperwork, I cannot answer those questions

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, just want it to stop running until I can get someone to look at it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have no idea

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
3/19/2018
Appliance Technician: kingcobra80, Repair Technician replied 1 month ago
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician
Your oven can take several hours to complete the cleaning cycle. It will not unlock until the temperature decreases enough. You can't forcibly cancel the cycle once started. The noises you hear sound bad but trust me they are normal expansion and contraction sounds from the process. I hope this helps.
We work on the honor system so if you could please take a minute to rate my service(5 stars is the best) I would appreciate it. This is the only way I get compensated for my service. By rating me doesn't end the question and you can still ask any follow up questions you have. Thanks for allowing me to help you with your question. Have a wonderful day.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is a notorious rip off. I have requested a refund. It’s not your ‘expert’ it’s the misleading way you are operating this scam. The expert obviously did not read my question or else he is no expert. Either way, this is a horrible way to do business.
kingcobra80
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician