Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have the symbol F76 on my oven screen. It's a GE Where is…

I have the symbol...

I have the symbol F76 on my oven screen

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a GE Where is the model #? About 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

3/19/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your GE oven . Please give me a moment to review your question.

First thing lets try it to turn the breaker off to the oven for a full 2 minutes then back on - and let me know what happens.

Where is the breaker?

Well it may be in the breaker box where all of your other breakers are, or it could be in a dedicated breaker box outside near where the power comes into the house.

I'd rather email

That offer is automatically sent by the website. Experts have no control over that. Were you able to find the breaker that is

labeled "oven" or "range"?

now F76 is gone and a time is flashing

Ok, great. Now you can just set the clock and it should be ok.

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

The time won't set

If you have the model number, I may be able to walk you through how to set the time. However, you should be able to press the clear or cancel button and then the clock button to set the time.

I did press cancel I hold the 9 and 0 button for 3 seconds to set the time I keep trying
The panel is not responding

If you are using the correct method to set the time and the oven does not respond, then you likely have a problem with the control panel. If you give me the model number, I can try to give you an idea as to what the cost for repair would be.

where is the model #

It depends on if it is a built in oven or a stand alone range.

stand alone

Ok, pull the drawer out of the bottom and look for a model number by one of the front legs - on a tag.

P2S920SEF1SS

Ok, thanks. Would you like for me to give you an average price range if a technician came out to repair it or would you just like a source for the part?

Maybe the price I couldn't put in a control panel part

Ok, the part retails for $203 and a technician (depending on how technicians charge in your area) would likely charge between $100 - $150 on average to install the part. Thus you would be looking at close to $300 - $350 on average. You might contact GE at 1800-GE-CARES to see if they may help you out since this is a fairly common problem with their ovens.

Engineer-Tech
Thanks

You're welcome.