Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Looking for disassembly information for GE JDP39 range top…

Looking for disassembly information...

Looking for disassembly information for GE JDP39 range top front panel in order to replace a rheostat

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I would estimate 30 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is JDP39W0W1WW I have found user guide based on JDP39 designation the other codes refer to color, etc. Yes I have purchased rheostat to replace a bad one for the burners. It is an easy job for me the trick is always getting at the part and I have not been able to find a service manual for this model.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The front panel has 5 screws and looks like it would tilt forward but doesn't seem to want to move very far. thanks

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks

There should be screws under the bottom trim edge, but you have to remove the top burner panel to get to the other corner ones to get at the back side of the front trim piece.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok we're not talking about the burner cooktop which lifts up, but the panel below the burners which sits behind the front panel. I did see four screws I believe holding that in place. So if I remove that, there should be screws I can get at which hold the front panel in place is what you're saying. Correct?

Yes 100% correct!

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great that was it I got access, thanks.
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician