Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have the JGB400 self cleaning range and I started the self…

Customer Question
I have the JGB400...

I have the JGB400 self cleaning range and I started the self cleaning feature but after approx. 3:30 hours I turned it off. Now I can't open the oven, can you help mr?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's Model JGB400 and its 7 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's something I can do I will. If not, I'll have to hire someone.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just need to be able to use the oven. Thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/18/2018
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. How long has it been off self clean?
About 24 hours
The lever is stuck?
When can I expect the call?
I will opt out so another tech may help. I don’t like the call feature. Sorry
Return to online service if it's faster
Can anyone Answer my question? Today
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 5 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

I am a different tech,

If the oven door is locked and will not open and the oven is cold try the following things to get the door to open. Note the oven needs to be cold or the thermostat will not open it after a self clean cycle right away.

First try to start a new self clean for about 30 secs and cancel it, often that will trigger the door latch to restart and reopen. If that does not open the door you can cut power to the unit for a full minute and power it back up and see if the door will open. If that does not work on some units you can remove the back and the latch motor is there with a lock rod going to a small hook by the door. Those style units you can remove the rod and move it manually to open the door. If you do not have that style unit you need to get something thin and flexible, like a stiff piece of plastic or metal and slide it in between the door and frame and slide it sideways to hit the latch hook and press it to the left or right and open the door that way manually. Most latch hooks you will slide the piece from right to left pressing the latch hook left to release it...90% are like that, the others are the opposite way depending on make and model.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The first option did not work. When I first turned the function off I then moved the lever to unlock. But I still can't open the oven door and if I restart the self clean function would be ok to me to run it tonight but I can't lever to luck.
Sorry I can't get the lever to lock

You may need to use something flexible to get it moved.

Please cancel my request for assistance. I have a local technician coming to my home in Tuesday morning to deal with the problem. Thank you.