Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Whirlpool WFS1071BD ... and it has a few

Customer Question
We have a Whirlpool...

We have a Whirlpool WFS1071BD ... and it has a few problems... It's always been slow but I think that's a Front Loader problem ... lately it washes and then doesnt spin and lights come on and it stops. I read in a FAQ site that maybe the mother board has to be replaced ... Help

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Guess re age is 5-8 years but might be longer ... Only other information from the front panel is that it is Antibacterial :)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Oh no

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Live in Richmond Victoria ... is it worth servicing? Does it have a reputation as a good unit?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Just a comment... I noticed you've already charged me $47 ... is the answer coming?
3/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 5 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

H​ello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. So when it comes time for the spin cycle it just shuts off? No lights or anything? Is the door still locked?

Flashing lights and yes the door is still locked
I'm interested however I'm not interested in paying another $34 ... I'm assuming this was additional to the amounts already charged... that is $5 and $47

sorry if the site is offering the automatic phone call its not from me. What lights are flashing? Also how many times are they flashing? Is there water still inside of the washer? If so please try putting the unit on the drain spin cycle.