Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The door on my GE microwave model JVM1190WY 001 is sagging.

The door on my...

The door on my GE microwave model JVM1190WY 001 is sagging. It drops down slightly when opened. Looks like the hinge may be worn out. Is there any way to fix this? I don't see the specific part anywhere to fix this.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I included the model number. Possibly from the mid-1990's.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. If possible. It doesn't look like a difficult task. I just need some info on parts and how to do it.

3/18/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Thanks! Awaiting your assessment.

The door is not adjustable. There is a pin that wears in the hinge at the top and it is part of the door assembly, see the link below. That door is no longer available.

CLICK HERE

It is not safe to use if the door is not sealing as it should be and I would strongly encourage you to replace the microwave.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician