Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

A small load of clothes was put in the Washer (front loader)

A small load of...

A small load of clothes was put in the Washer (front loader) and the detergent drained into the tub but but the Washer won't start and the

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

"door locked" message is flashing on the Washer. I can't open the door.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

It is a frontload whirlpool. Purchased in 2013.
3/18/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

First try to unplug the unit or shut the breaker off to the unit for 2 full minutes to reset all the controls on it. See if that changes the condition and let me know.

I already unplugged it overnight and plugged it back in and it just came back on as before.
no. please continue.

OK typically that is a pump issue, if the unit can not pump out the water it will not unlock can you remove they top on the unit?

No. I think I'll need to call a repair person.

OK what often happens is something gets jammed in the pump or filter then the unit will not allow it to continue and keep the door locked. It is a job to get to it so a repair tech is the best way to go for that unit as the pump and filter are a pain to get to.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician