Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Maytag Gas Dryer, Model DG312. The tumbler

Customer Question
We have a Maytag...

We have a Maytag Gas Dryer, Model DG312. The tumbler operates, but no heat currently. How do I troubleshoot? Do you have a Owner's Manual that you could email to me for it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model DG312...approx 15 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It doesn't require lighting a pilot light manually, I don't believe....and there's no light currently visible...something tells me it's an igniter, fuse, or solenoid that's gone bad...that's why an Owner's Manual would be helpful, we can't seem to locate ours....

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Never mind....I don't want to spend that kind of money, not knowing if I'll get accurate diagnosis sight unseenThank you
Cancel my inquiry / cancel any and all charges
Thank you
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. I am more then willing to assist you if you would like and we can test and diagnosis the problem with your dryer if you wish. Do you have a multimeter to test parts with? I am sure I probably have your service manual as well but would need the full model number on the inside of the dryer door if you wish to continue.