Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My water and ice maker are not working on my refrigerator. I…

Customer Question
My water and ice...

My water and ice maker are not working on my refrigerator. I just changed the filter

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It is 17 yrs old GR profile model #ps123mgma bb

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think it did this before and the water line might have been frozen

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
3/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 month ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Yes the water lines freezing up on those models are a known issue and they have a fix for it, there is a heater kit you will need to install that keeps the line from freezing up, its listed below:

Refrigerator Water Dispenser Tube Heater Kit

Part #: WR49X10173 - click here for part info at sears

The kit comes with directions , but here is a video that shows how to replace it - click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson