Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE gss25lgmb won’t cool. Got it around 2002 I think

GE gss25lgmb won’t cool ...

GE gss25lgmb won’t cool

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Got it around 2002 I think gss25lgmb

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Compressor won’t kick on tested everything it all checks out not getting power to the compressor

3/18/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If you are not getting voltage to the compressor and the evaporator fan is running (the fan in the freezer) then the compressor relay on the main board has failed and the board will have to be replaced. Very common issue for those units.

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #: WR55X10109 - click here for part info at sears

Here is a video that shows how to replace it - click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Ok would I be better off replacing with a new fridge or will replacing the main board solve all issues I don’t want to replace it and have it burn out right away

replacing the board will be fine, and will fix the problem, but to keep from having it burn out in the future the best safeguard is to use an appliance surge protector like the one linked below:

click here for surge protector info on amazon

Ok thanks man

sure no problem, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the star rating system at the top of the page, you will see a set of 5 empty stars, clicking on the 5th star to the right is the best rating. If you are using a mobile phone the scroll to the bottom of the screen and you will see the star rating system there, thanks.

Joel Swenson