Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My oven was accidentally switched off and now the display…

Customer Question
My oven was accidentally...

My oven was accidentally switched off and now the display says loc. I can’t turn it on.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2006

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model gs563lxss

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes...I plan on turning it back on

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Press and hold the start button for 5 seconds and loc will clear from the display and the control will work again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.