Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer won't start. The timer sounds like it is running…

My dryer won't start...

My dryer won't start. The timer sounds like it is running but pushing the start button does nothing.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Maytag Moo Med57D0T00

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly

3/18/2018
Jason Pabon

Hello I'm Howard and I'm here to help with your dryer

Hi Jason
My dryer has been working fine. Now it won't start.
it has not done this before
I prefer to chat here

Thank You for waiting while I looked at t your technical data.

Let me double check that model number
Looks like it ends in TQ0

With this dryer, as long as the unit is plugged in and the timer is set to anything but "stop" or "off", you should hear a faint "tic-toc". When the unit was working, did it take more than one cycle to dry a full load or more than 40 mins?

it has been doing that.

Yes I found Model Number MED5700TQ0

O.K. one moment while I find your part.

that is the model number.
and I do hear the tick tock

O.K. It seems that the exhaust thermal fuse (or Hi Limit thermostat) Has failed. When this happens, there are two parts that need to be replaced. Luckily, both are very inexpensive and very easy to replace. The first is the thermal fuse itself 3392519, the second is the exhaust operating thermostat 8318268.

Both items are mounted next to each other on the blower wheel housing. Here is a video on how to do the job.

I can find them on the Maytag website?

Click the links on the part numbers and the word "here"

Is there anything else I can help with? If you're happy with my service, please take the time to rate me. Thank You

No thank you for your help.

Your Welcome, Have a Great Day

Jason Pabon