Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool washing machine is give me f8 code and e1. I…

My whirlpool washing...

My whirlpool washing machine is give me f8 code and e1. I cant even open the door. What do the codes mean so i can fix it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model is WFW72HEDW0 AND IT IS ABOUT 4 YEARS OLD.7

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes . We are an hour from any service.

3/18/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That error means The washer does not detect water input after 12 minutes of filling.

Possible Causes

• Is water supply connected and turned on?

• Check for blocked or kinked inlet hoses.

• Low water pressure or blocked hose screens.

• Check for proper drain hose installation. Is water siphoning out of the drain hose? Drain hose must not be more than 4.5" (114 mm) into drain pipe. Make sure drain hose is not sealed into drain pipe, and that

• Check connections from tub to air trap, air trap to pressure hose, and pressure hose to water level sensor.

• See TEST #6 (Water Inlet Valves) on page 16.

• See TEST #7 (Water Level Sensor) on page 17.

The tests being referred to are on the tech sheet I have provided below:

click here to open/download tech data sheet

Let me know if you have any questions once you get started, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do i get the screen out of the cold water hose thingy the screen is pluged with sediment but i cant get the screen out to cleN it

Just take a screwdriver and pry it out it just pops out as shown in the video below:

click here for video

please do not forget to rate my service before you leave today, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. So screen is cleand an put back. The pump runs constantly . I turned power of but when it comes on it just runs and door wont unlock.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do i clear the codes and stop the pump from runming

When that unit is started without water it goes into a no water error mode, which will cause the unit to run through a 8 minute reset mode and all that will happen is the pump will run and the door will remained locked until after the 8 minute error cycle has completed once it finished the door will unlock on its on and the unit will be reset, but you have to let it complete the full error cycle uninterrupted, if you stop it or unplug it during this error cycle it will only reset the error it will not reset until you let it run the full 8 minute error cycle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i just let it run? The pump wont burn out?

No it won't hurt the pump at all. And yes let it run.

Joel Swenson
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. When it stoped i turnred the machine of then turned it back on and it seems to be working. Thank you so much.

Great glad to hear. You are welcome, thank you for the rating and for using JA!

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson