Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE Profile Performance True Temp Double Ovens...approx 20…

My GE Profile Performance...

My GE Profile Performance True Temp Double Ovens...approx 20 years old....aren't true temp.I set the top oven for 400, it gets to 200 or so and sits there, and then shoots up to 500. Temp fluctuates wildly but get to pre-set. Is this a bad heating coil?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approx 20 years, and owners manual lists JKP18 or 56, JTP18 or 56, JK910 or 950, JT910 or JT950

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

3/19/2018
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is***** will assist you with your GE double oven. We will need the complete model number for the oven, located around the oven door is the tag with that information. You problem is the oven thermostat. I can get you information on that and help you replace it if you are so inclined. Will need the complete model to do so. I am here off and on so please be patient and I will replay. Thank you.

Melissa Martin
Hi Melissa. The only number on each of the 2 oven doors is 326B1230P001 and is the same on each door. I hope this is what you need.Jim Northam

No it is on the frame after you open the door, not directly on the door