Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer that has lid locked at end…

I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer that has lid locked at end of was cycle! What do I do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2 .6 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible...is it a quick fixer.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

You tell me

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/18/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

First unplug the washer for a few minutes and plug it back in and see if the control resets and unlocks the washer, if not the lid lock assembly has failed and you will need to replace it, in the meantime the video below shows how to replace the lid lock but it also shows how to raise the entire top assembly so that you can get your clothes out of the washer until you can get it fixed.

click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel Swenson
I had tried this previously but in trying again it worked! ! Thank you

You are welcome, please take a moment to rate my assistance before you go.