Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile Convection/Microwave oven, Model #

I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile Convection/Microwave oven, Model # JVM1790SK01, and I can barely read the time display or any other entries I make when I use the microwave. The display is on but I want to know if the light behind it is worn out or what. It is very dim and I have to hold up my hand around it to see what it says.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The exact model is JVM1790 and it is about 10 years old. I had my kitchen remodeled then and bought all GE appliances.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on what is involved. I do have a son-in-law who might be able to do the repair.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm not sure what you mean.

3/18/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Unfortunately that issue is caused by the control board itself and the only way to fix it is to replace the board.

The replacement is :

Microwave Electronic Control Board

Part #: WB27X10866 - click here for part info at sears

Here is a video showing how to replace the board - click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No comment.

what does that mean?

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson