Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I want to replace the water filter in my GE refrigerator…

Customer Question
I want to replace...

I want to replace the water filter in my GE refrigerator model #PSC23NSTD SS. Can you tell me which filter I need, where it is located and a step by step procedure?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

See previous response....the serial number is ***** 402272. My guess is that the unit is 10 - 12 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just the right filter selection, where the filter is located on/in the refrigerator and tools/replacement instructions.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The replacement water filter you need is:

Refrigerator Water Filter

Part #: MWF - click here for part info at sears

Here is a video that shows step by step how to change the filter - click here for video

The refrigerator in the video is not your exact model but all the ge units are the same when it comes to the water filter so don't worry about it not being your exact model.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.