Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool Cabrio wash machine. I’m getting error…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool Cabrio wash machine. I’m getting error codes uL and 5d. Now it won’t move through the cycles. I have to unplug it to shut it off.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model # WTW7600XWD. I would guess about 8 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When it spins it is really loud and if I use the bulky or heavy duty cycle I get streaks of a black residue. I also have something like that on my floor in front of the machine and underneath. The machine is also squeaky

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Jason Pabon,
 replied 5 months ago
Jason Pabon

Hello JACUSTOMER-9wf6gfz0, My name is ***** ***** I'm here to help with your washer. Please allow me one moment to pull up your documentation.

Appliance Technician: Jason Pabon,
 replied 5 months ago

Thank you for waiting. First I'd like you to test the suspension rod. This is done by ensuring the unit is turned off, open the lid and place the palm of your strongest hand in the middle of the basket (right on top of the dome cap of the wash plate.) . Now give it a hard and very fast shove downward and quickly remove your hand. Does the basket assembly bounce before stopping or does it go down with your hand, come up when you let go and stop? I'll be here waiting for your response.